Meeting Minutes

77 posts

BOD Meeting Minutes for July 2021


SEFSD Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

Quorum at 6:30 PM, meeting convened.

In-person participants: Brad, Steve N., Quan, Steve M., Eric, Jovi, Carl
Online participants: Steve B., Kenny
Not present: Jeff

Meeting held at Brad B.’s home.

Brad: Trailer tires replaced.

Steve B.: Has an expert helping with website.

Jovi: Considering Labor Day Raffle.
Next field meeting will include hotdogs.
Poker Fly event and field meeting the weekend of 24th of July.

Quan: 311 members as of 7/7/2021
Bank balance sufficient and financials available to club members upon request.
Reimbursement made for trailer tires.
Extra Porta Potty cleaning ordered for FAAST program cleanup.

Eric: I met a supplier at the field re: DG (decomposed granite) project last Wednesday.
I received an estimate for delivered materials of $18,210.
Another supplier was $700 more even with SD City reference.
The DG is bound with natural materials to satisfy city about permeability.
Contacted a contractor about install and expect call back after vacation.
I expect materials to be installed from east end.
I think the gate openings should be ramped to provide smooth transitions to field surface.

Motion to roll field seconded and adopted.
Water truck weekend of the 19th.

T-28 racing this upcoming Saturday at 10:00 AM – 7/10/2021.

Next Electroglide upcoming at 10:00 AM – 6/19/2021.

Next meeting date 8/12/2021.

Meeting adjourned at 7:46 PM.

Eric Shapiro
SEFSD Secretary 2021

SEFSD BOD Minutes for June 2021


SEFSD Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

Quorum at 6:37 PM, meeting convened.

In-person participants: Brad, Steve N., Quan, Steve M., Eric
Online participants: Jeff, Carl, Jovi, Steve B.
Not present: Kenny

Meeting held at Steve N.’s home.

Brad: May resume club monthly meeting in next couple of weeks as city opens up post-pandemic.
Looking at June 26th and to include a Fun Fly: Don’t Spill the Beans.
SD City noticed the homeless to leave the area.
July 4th (Sunday) will be a closed gate, members only event. Gas barbecue grills only allowed.
July 10th (Saturday) FAAST event will have one FAA representative and we will provide lunch.
Porta-Potty to be cleaned by Hitec after FAAST event.

Steve M.: SEFSD will be in September AMA magazine about our T-28 racing – look for it!

Jovi: Review BOD rolls.

Quan: 303 members as of 6/9/2021
Bank balance sufficient and financials available to club members upon request.

Jeff: Replacement sound system works much better than old system.

T-28 racing this upcoming Saturday at 10:00AM – 6/12/2021.
Next Electroglide upcoming at 10:00 AM – 6/19/2021.

The board is split about serving food during first club meetings, so we will hold off until July.

Motion and seconded for additional signage.

We are considering alternative surface material for airfield to replace dirt.

Next meeting date 7/7/2021.

Meeting adjourned at 8:20 PM.

Eric Shapiro
SEFSD Secretary 2021

BOD Minutes for May 2021


SEFSD Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

Quorum at 6:37, meeting convened.

In-person participants: Brad, Steve N., Quan, Steve M.
Online participants: Eric, Jeff, Carl
Not present: Jovi, Steve B., Kenny

Meeting held at Steve N.’s home.

Brad: No vendors expected at FAAST event.
Perhaps hosting lunch would be appropriate.
HiTec to pay for extra porta-potty service.

Steve M.: Wants to be sure any events held onsite are non-profit.

Steve N.: Suggests using safety vests for FAAST event instead of stenciled tees.

Jovi: August for Warbird Day? (via email). Discussion followed.

Quan: 291 members as of 5/5/2021
Bank balance sufficient and financials available to club members upon request.
There’s an instructor wishing to train drone 107 pilots.
Quan to determine if pilot is IP instructor and working non-profit.

Eric: Tires on trailer are 17 years old and badly worn. Who’s liability?
We should replace tires since they’re fairly cheap (see motions below).
Consider getting sun covers for wheels (see motions below).
How many FAA reps will be present for FAA event? Likely only FAAST team members.
I am not for holding meetings before the city opens on June 15, 2021.

Jeff: Having trouble getting old PA system functioning (see motion to replace below).

List of Fun-Fly Events:
Aerobatic contest – pilot announces and flies specific maneuvers.
Bomb Drop – attach bomb to airplane and drop bomb over target.
Don’t Spill the Beans – fly airplane with a cup of beans w/o spilling beans.
Electroglide – sail plane contest for time aloft.
Flea Circus – events held using UMX (miniature airplanes).
Jet Day – limited to ducted fan aircraft.
Limbo – fly beneath a limbo pole.
Poker Fly – fly for cards to make poker hand.
T-28 and Wing racing – pylon racing.
War Bird Day – fly scale versions of aircraft used in wartime.

Motion to hold off on May club meeting and Fun-Fly events. Motion seconded and approved by majority.
We will revisit issue as city opens earnestly in June.

Motion to replace tires on trailer. Motion seconded and approved by majority.

Motion to find tire shades for trailer wheels. Motion seconded and approved by majority.

Motion to replace PA system. Motion seconded and approved by majority. Limited to $400.

T-28 racing this upcoming Saturday at 10:00AM (PM 6/9/2021).

Next meeting date 6/9/2021.

Meeting adjourned at 8:13 PM.

Eric Shapiro
SEFSD Secretary 2021

BOD Minutes for April 2021


SEFSD Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

Quorum at 6:37 PM, meeting convened.

In-person participants: Brad, Steve N., Quan, Steve M.
Online participants: Eric, Jovi, Jeff, Steve B., Kenny, Carl

Meeting held at Steve N.’s home.

Brad: Please speak up when announcing landings, take-offs and field crossing.
Let’s start considering Fun-Fly events for the future.

Steve M.: Let’s go through club equipment trailer on 4/24/2021.

Steve N.: T-28 racing this weekend on 4/10/2021.

Jovi: Working on Facebook account to improve public relations.
Encourage club members to get vaccinated.

Quan: Special Use Permit nearly complete.
The city seemed to offer permission for more improvements.
283 members as of 4/7/2021
Bank balance sufficient and financials available to club members upon request.

Eric: Consider putting July 4th on schedule.
Should we consider food trucks?

Steve B.: Website has been updated and backed-up.

Jeff: Electroglide will be returning on 4/17/2021.

We need to remain vigilant about keeping non-members from entering site.

Next meeting date May 5, 2021.

Meeting adjourned at 7:46 PM.

Eric Shapiro
SEFSD Secretary 2021

SEFSD BOD Minutes for March 2021


SEFSD Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

Quorum at 6:40 PM 3/10/2021, meeting convened.

In-person participants: Brad, Steve N., Quan, Steve M.
Online participants: Eric, Carl, Jovi, Jeff, Steve B. (1st meeting)*
Not present: Kenny

Eric keeping notes.
Meeting held at Steve N.’s home.

Brad: SD City Master Plan should be attended SEFSD (last meeting in March)
Are rollers available to take advantage of recent rains?

Steve M.: Ordered T-28 race series reward medals.

Steve N.: T-28 racing this weekend (3/13/2021)

Jovi: Club running smoothly.

Quan: Still awaiting city response about Rights of Entry.
264 members as of 3/10/2021
Bank balance sufficient and financials available to club members upon request.
Money market account nearly opened, awaiting second signer.

Eric: Meeting at bank for second signature.
We have two sets of prize checks ready when we resume contests in earnest.

Steve B.: Will send out T-28 racing schedule on website.

*Motion to make club Editor (Mr. Beklnap) a voting position.
*Non-elected position.
*Vote introduced, seconded and voted “aye” unanimously.

Next meeting date April 7, 2021.

Meeting adjourned at 7:54 PM 3/10/2021.

Eric Shapiro
SEFSD Secretary 2021

SEFSD BOD Meeting Minutes for February 2021


SEFSD Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

Quorum at 6:44 PM 2/10/2021, meeting convened.

In-person participants: Brad, Steve N., Quan, Steve M.
Online participants: Eric, Carl, Jovi (late arrival)
Not present: Kenny, Jeff

Eric keeping notes.
Meeting held at Steve N.’s home.

Brad: High speed passes over pits not acceptable, mostly by newer members.
R/C cars not permitted on runway.
No night flying in our locale due to FAA agreement.
Be sure to call out when entering runway to retrieve plane.
Main runway for pattern type use only.
No drinking on site.
Tables completed – thanks to Jim and Mark.
Karoake machines due for inspection – Steve N. and Jeff.

Steve N.: T28 racing this weekend, February 13, 2021
Reissue common warnings about field safety as spoken about earlier.

Jovi: Recommend diligence about having Visual Observor’s at the ready.

Quan: 242 members as of 2/10/2021.
Bank balance sufficient and financials available to club members upon request.
No updates on ROE (right of entry).

Eric: I have filled out the necessary paperwork for money market account.
We are awaiting contact from bank.

Vote and second for T28 racing monthly awards, $30/month.

Next meeting date March 10, 2021.

Meeting adjourned at 8:09 PM 2/10/2021.

Eric Shapiro
SEFSD Secretary 2021

Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

Quorum at 6:38 PM 1/13/2021, meeting convened.

In-person participants: Brad, Steve N., Quan, Steve M.
Online participants: Eric, Jovi, Jeff (late arrival), Carl (late arrival)
Not present: Kenny

Eric keeping notes.
Meeting held at Steve N.’s home.

Brad: Quan working on Right of Entry.
Don’t know what if any site fees will be expected.
Carolyn Estrada (head ranger) to receive new lock combination.
Membership at 201 (1/13/2021).
Guest welcome to 3 visits, but must have AMA Insurance.
Will be checking on watering truck and roller to improve field condition.
Some remaining dilapidated tables will be replaced.

Steve N.: Expects to restart T-28 racing on February 13, 2021.

Jovi: Freeze fly was a good event.
Webpage banner photos need rotating.

Steve M.: Installed Fly Away information sign on main signboard.

Quan: $32,500 at end of 2020 with about 306 members.
$42,000 in bank after new year membership renewal.

Eric: Watering and rolling the field is primary concern.

Jeff: Has a donation Parkzone Sportcub to offer club.
Will replace centerline stripe after field maintenance completed.

Motion to authorize Quan to get field maintenance equipment is approved.

BOD dinner delayed until Covid-19 subsides (expecting mid-year).

Next meeting date February 10, 2021.

Meeting adjourned at 8:06 PM 1/13/2021.

Eric Shapiro
SEFSD Secretary 2021

BOD Minutes for January 2020

Meeting starts at 7:05 pm

Present: Steven, Brad, Ken, Eric, Steve, Carl.

For this month’s meeting we talked about starting some good old fashion airplane racing.  We discussed several options and are leaning towards the FMS T-28. Keep an eye out for further information on this classic event.

Our dear and beloved runway is still in good shape, we will keep an eye out for further maintenance on it

We talked about our year events and came up with some good add ons and changes.  Please check our website calendar and pencil in some fun times.

We purchased some new speed limit signs, that will be going up shortly.  We also had 50 keys made. Remember if you need a key, it’s 3 dollars.

Finally we talked about the new FAA proposed changes.  there will be templates for addressing our concerns as aero modelers, please keep an eye out for them.

And that concludes our meeting, we wish you a happy new flying year filled with many flying days.

We the Board of Directors thank you, the member for making this the great club it is.

Your Humble Secretary,

Ken Dresser

Meeting Adjourned at 8:35 p.m.

BOD Minutes for September and October 2019


Meeting starts at 6:40 pm

Present: Quan, George, Tony, Steve, Brad

For this month’s meeting, Quan took notes in my absence.

-LOA is on pending action from FAA.  AMA asked if we have a verbal agreement.  SEFSD response was FAA enforcement officer came in July and advised members to have FAA numbers on models.

-Portapotty lock was vandalized again. Brad bought parts to repair.

-Tony to buy another lock.

-Lisa will help Quan will holiday party planning.  Will also inquire about corporate prize contributions.

-Discussed board member nominations. We need more volunteers!

-Approved Prices each for pop wing and electroglide.

-Brad had suggestion for CD account. Quan will look into 9 month CD.

-No safety issues

-332 members

-George to pick badge picture for 2020.

We the Board of Directors thank you, the member for making this the great club it is.

Your Humble Secretary,

Ken Dresser

Meeting Adjourned at 7:33 p.m.



Meeting starts at 7:12 pm

Present: Quan, Tony, Steve, Brad, Ken, Eric

For this month’s meeting we talked about how to get more people interested in become board members.

The FAA now requires your registration number on your aircraft, and we suggest getting one on your plane to avoid heavy fines.

Fire season is here, please be aware and be ready.

We finally have a CD for the club, with 1.6 % interests for 9 months.

Our holiday party will be at the Harbor House once again, with a tentative date of January 18.  Tickets will be 20 per person.

November’s event will be War Bird Day.  Get your birds ready to rumble.

Club officer voting will be in November, during our scheduled meeting.  Please be ready to volunteer.   

Special Veterans Night Fly event with food scheduled for November 10 Sunday one hour before sunset.

We the Board of Directors thank you, the member for making this the great club it is.

Your Humble Secretary,

Ken Dresser

Meeting Adjourned at 7:12 p.m.

BOD Minutes for August 2019

Board of Directors Meeting

Silent Electric Flyers of San Diego

Meeting starts at 7:01 pm

For this month’s meeting we once again discussed the pending agreement San Diego Control Tower.  We are talk with people and making sure we are ready when the tower responds.

Also as a priority we once again like to remind our members to get the FAA numbers on airplanes asap.

We also discussed putting permanent links on our website of the FAA drone registration information and the AMA’s know before you fly information.

Then we discussed how to make 100% sure we have no problems with the FAA, we entertained the idea to limit electroglide time to 15 seconds and have altimeters to check altitude.

Next we talked about replacing the lock for the gate.

For the next events, Ken volunteers to run them. Make sure you participate for a chance of winning some gift certificates.

Staples asked our club to send a representative to a back to school event.  We happily accepted.

As of today we have 324 members.

We the Board of Directors thank you, the member for making this the great club it is.

Your Humble Secretary,

Ken Dresser

Meeting Adjourned at 8:03 p.m.

BOD Minutes for July 2019

By Ken Dresser

Meeting starts at 7:15 pm

For this month’s meeting we discussed the pending agreement with San Diego Control Tower.  We drafted the agreement and approved it for submission.

We talked about rolling the field in August ,or sooner, depending on condition of runway.

Also doing some dust control.

The flea circus was a great success, thank you all who participated.  Gift Certificates are in the flight box.

On the Raffle we sold 1912 tickets.

The club has training gear (airplanes) available for new pilots and we approved bringing the trainers up to specs.

Anybody interested in some training or have a prospect club member that might be interested, please don’t hesitate to call.  []

We the Board of Directors thank you, the member for making this the great club it is.

Your Humble Secretary,

Ken Dresser

Meeting Adjourned at 8:05 p.m.

BOD Report for July 2019

Board of Directors Meeting

Silent Electric Flyers of San Diego

Meeting starts at 6:50 pm


For this month’s meeting we discussed the agreement that is pending with San Diego Control Tower.  AMA called us about getting this done and we are working on it.

We talked about making it a matter of procedure to have a spotter for the Electroglide event.  That way we are 100% to avoid full scale aircraft approaching our field.

Once again we ask our members not to sit on the tables, and we approved the budget to fix them asap.

The center Line on the runway turn out to be a great success, it takes 3 cans of paint and we have approved it.

Please check the website (under calendar) for the upcoming events as we are changing things up.

The next matter was the CD for our money.   We are still investigating the best place to open it.

As of today we have 306 members.

We the Board of Directors  thank you, the member for making this the great club it is.

Your Humble Secretary,

Ken Dresser

Meeting Adjourned at 8:37 p.m.

BOD Minutes for May 2019

Board of Directors Meeting

Silent Electric Flyers of San Diego

Meeting starts at 6:58 pm

For this month’s meeting we talked about fixing the broken tables.  Please do not sit on the tables as they will break.

As of today we have 294 members and we are on budget.  We also talked about the option of moving 50% of the clubs money into a 6 and 12 month CD.

Our current members are being checked with the AMA for upcoming expirations.

We also discussed and think it would be a great idea to paint a center line down the runway.  This would make landings and flybys easier to judge and execute.

Out next topic was discussing the idea of placing “No Parking” signs at the left side of the driveway before the Pilot parking.   Also, we touched on the idea of placing telephone poles on the back of the parking lot for visitors so they understand that the front is for pilots only.

For the 4th of July we decided, like every year, to make it a closed gate event.  Please close the gate behind you on the 4th.

For future club events we have asked Eric and Carl to collaborate and make things happen.  As Ian landed a new job and has his hands full.

And finally we talked about making more keys for the club.

We the Board of Directors thank you, the member for making this the great club it is.

Your Humble Secretary,

Ken Dresser

Meeting Adjourned at 8:49 p.m.

BOD Minutes for April 2019

Board of Directors Meeting

Silent Electric Flyers of San Diego

Meeting starts at 7:17 pm

For this month’s meeting we talked about Jim becoming the liaison for the rotorplex.  We thank you for stepping up.   Two wind socks were bought to replace and or ad to the field.

We are also working on an article for the AMA magazine.  As the second largest district and 4th largest club, with 289 members, we should have more articles and mentions in the AMA magazine.

The bathroom lock keeps going missing.  We approved a GPS tracking system to follow its whereabouts.  Just kidding, we are going to install a chain.  Long enough to bring inside for those of us who have seen too many prank videos.

We approved fixing 3 tables.  Please do not sit on the tables.

We also talked about the AMA rules about instructing your non-AMA friends at the field.  If you have a buddy box and or are standing next to your friend and you are the Pilot in Command, you are allowed to let your friend take the controls.  However, if your friend is going to be the Pilot in Command you cannot share your AMA with him or her.  There is an AMA workaround.  Look into getting an AMA IP instructor ad-on.

We also discussed putting some of the clubs money in an interest earning account, instead of just sitting in a checking account.

We are on budget with everything this year, and to be even better. we have volunteered George to handle the raffle sales this year.  Personal or virtual, George will take your money and handle all the logistics.

Meeting adjourned at 8:45 pm

We the Board of Directors thank you, the members for making this the great club it is.

Your Humble Secretary,

Ken Dresser

BOD Minutes for November 2017

By Quan Nguyen


November 10th Board Meeting
Present: Paul, Jim, George, Dennis, Randy, Brian, Brad, Quan
Commenced: 6:58pm
-Discussed board nominations for 2018
-Badge printer: Authorized for purchase.
-Costco Pizza for Election Day
-Voted to increase 2018 dues to $50.
-Thank you Butch Bucciarelli for providing Harbor House for this year’s Winter Banquet.
-Discussed possibility of International Drone Day for 2018.
-Discussed bringing back MWE (Mid Winter Electric)
-Jeff Struthers will continue Electroglide in 2018
-Jim will continue PopWing in 2018
-Treasurer’s Report- Thank you Paul for your service! Paul will help incoming Treasurer.
-Safety Report: Safety is good, just some people flying over parking lot.
-Brian to collect funds for holiday banquet.
BOD Dinner Dec. 16th @ 6:30pm
meeting adjourned: 8:46pm

Typically dispensary can offer to customers with convenient treatments for variant diseases. With the Internet flooded with varied online drugstores selling variant remedies, purchasing medicines online is no longer a dream for most of us. You can order online drug to treat chronic treatment of the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis or spasticity. Few medicaments are used to treat impotency. Cialis is a preparation preassigned to treat a lot of afflictions. What do you think about best place to buy generic viagra online? Where you can read correct information about ? (Read more ). Perhaps you already know something about the question. Ordinarily when some goes wrong with your erection, it can exert your sex breath as well as your overall well-being. Once you’ve studied the basics about men’s erectile disfunction from us, you may want to see what other reputable sources have to say. Online pharmacist services are the only safe option if you are going to get remedies, like Cialis, online.

BOD Minutes for Oct 2017

Quan Nguyen


October 13th Board Meeting
Meeting commenced: 7:02pm
Present: Quan, Brian, Jim, Dennis, George, Paul, Randy, Brad
-Nominations for board positions open
-Membership coordinator position may be filled.
-Still need a Treasurer.
-Trophies for FPVs ready.
-Banquet: Harbor House approx. $5k. Elbow Room, Catalina Room also considered.
-Joker to go back into the raffle pool.
-Jim picked up 20 boards and materials for 4 tables.
-Portapotty replaced. Needs camo.
-Field maintenance status: Some issues with the water trailer.
-Treasurer’s report: Raffle went well.
-Discussed improving legacy club software.
-Discussed closing out club accounts.
-Quan talked to BasicLink about migration work. Software upgrade is not an emergency. Will work on migration plan.
-FPV races for 2018: Need race management software. NewbeeDrone may run races 2018.
-Veteran’s day ideas: hot dogs & prizes.
-This month’s event is Limbo.
-Next meeting is November 10th.
Meeting Adjourned: 8:35pm

BOD Minutes for August & September 2017

By Quan Nguyen


August Board Meeting
August 25th, 2017
Commenced: 7:10
Present: Paul, Dennis, Randy, Jim, George, Brad, Brian, Quan
-Raffle tickets are on sale
-Still looking for venues. Suggested raffle items for the ladies
-Elections: Some positions may become available.
-Field conditioning: no soil additive for now.
-New Tables: Jim has plan to gradually replace tables falling apart. Voted to authorize $1,200 for materials.
-DroneX proposes moving drone race to Oct. 28th. They will make a donation to the club for using our field.
-Tomorrow’s event is spot landing challenge.
-Treasurer’s report: Finances are sound. Paul and Isabel announced they are finishing their services to the club on November 30th. Thank you very much for your service, Paul and Isabel.
-We will be looking for a new membership coordinator soon.
-390 Members as of 8/25/17.
-September’s event: TBD
-Labor day: Voted to approve Subway lunch & raffle for Sept. 4th.
-Adjourned at 8:13pm
September BOD Meeting, Sept. 15, 2017
Present: Randy, Quan, Brad, Jim, Paul, Brian
Commenced: 7:10pm
-Raised $756 from the raffle for the banquet. $4,216 allocated for the banquet so far.
-Looking for new members to take over some positions on the board.
-Please exercise caution walking into the weeds- some people get an allergic reaction.
-Next week’s event: Don’t Spill the Beans. $150 in cash prizes.
-Prizes for Special Interest Groups is $25 per person who participate.
-Will repaint new portapotty.
-Jim will work on tables.
-Treasurer’s report: got money in the bank.
-PayPal account will close Oct 31st. Payment will be by check after that.
-Bank account will close Nov. 30th.
-Dec. 1st, someone will have to update membership form.
-Planning event for Veteran’s Day.
-Discussed a member doing numerous touch-n-go’s.
Adjourned: 8:02pm

BOD Minutes for July 2017

By Quan Nguyen,


July Board Meeting
Present: Jim, George, Brian, Brad, Paul, Dennis, Randy, Quan, Isabel
Commenced: 7:13
-EMAC: Jim followed up with David from FAA. Have not heard back. Voted to suspend EMAC due to altitude conflicts with FAA. Discussion will be had with event contest director.
-Field Prep: Paul to look into field prep. Randy presented product from Desert Mountain Corp.-
-Raffle: So far, we have about $2k worth of raffle prizes earmarked.
-Discussed giving out credit towards club membership in lieu of gift certificates at club events.
-375 members as of July 21st
-Member offered to volunteer web design skills
-Discussed probable club membership fee increase
-Treasurer’s report: we currently have $3,200 for holiday party. Our budget this year for venue & food is $5,500.
-Club ordered a new porta-potty.
-Safety: Please fly north of the runway.
-Damaged tables will be replaced soon. Approved motion to replace 9 – 10 damaged tables before the end of the year.
-Meeting adjourned: 8:38pm

BOD Minutes for June 2017

By Quan Nguyen


June BOD Meeting Minutes
June 16, 2017
Meeting Called to Order: 7:30pm
Present: Quan, Randy, Dennis, Paul, Brad, Brian
-July 4th Raffle postponed due to less vendor support this year
-40 members short of last year
-Consider charging $15 per head for holiday banquet
-Club to provide gas BBQ for July 4th event
-Reviewed last month’s field meeting. Club will continue to serve hot dogs.
-Treasurer’s report- club still making more than we spend.
-Porta-potty price increased by $10
-Still considering raising member dues.
-Possible runway sweep in July
-359 members as of today
Adjourned at 8:33pm

BOD Meeting Minutes for May 2017

By Quan Nguyen


SEFSD Board Meeting Minutes:
Called to order: May 12th, 2017 7:15pm
Present: Paul, George, Jim, Brad, Dennis, Quan, Brian
-348 Members as of today.
-Discussed purchasing AMA windsock. Deferred due to concerns about it getting stolen.
-Discussed raffle to fundraise approx $3k for holiday banquet.
-Motion to authorize $1,200 to purchase raffle prizes. Approved.
-Quan to donate Joker into prize pool.
-Reiterated charging a fee for admission to holiday banquet to compensate for decrease in revenue.
-Planning potential increase in dues for 2018 proportional to increased operating costs.
-Treasurer report. All is good.
– Discussed website & Porta Potty costs.
-Replacement keys $3 each.
-Previously expelled member submitted payment without application. Board to return payment.
-Field will be closed during Rock-n-roll marathon.
-Field condition. Discussed dust control additive after sweeping. Approved $1,000 to recondition field.
-May’s event is Poker fly
-Still working on letter of agreement with Lindbergh
-Meeting adjourned: 8:30pm

BOD Minutes for April 2017

By Quan Nguyen


April 7th

Present: Brian, Dennis, Jim, Brad, Randy, Paul, Isabel, Quan


Meeting Commenced: 7:03pm


-Altitude related incident reported to Lindbergh on 4/1. Will discuss with member when full scale aircraft are nearby.

-Discussed member hovering over the runway. Board will talk to member.

-UAS 4 Stem May 13th.

-Discussed food for July 4th.

-This month’s event is Altitude Quest. 4th Saturday.

-Jim showed new FPV badges.

-Safety Report: No major issues. Pay attention to your setup before you fly. Look into throttle lock.

-Paul discussed budget. Membership down 20 from last year.

-Discussed more raffles.

-Port a potty is in bad shape.

-Discussed membership fees. Last price increase was in 2007. Increase is imminent. Will discuss at future meeting.

-Voted to approve $50 donation to AMA Scholarship foundation to reinstate our Gold Leader status for 2016 and 2017.

-336 Members as of April 7th.

-Brad proposed scheduling night flying date after meeting.

Meeting adjourned 9:05pm

BOD Minutes from March 2017

By Quan Nguyen


March 10th BOD Meeting Minutes:


Present: Paul, George, Randy, Brad, Jim, Quan
Meeting Commenced: 7:20pm


-Trim clinic & Emac was a big success. Great turnout.
-Right of entry submitted to park ranger
-318 members as of March 10th
-Discussed Constant Contact list having over 500 emails
-San Diego City to propose new regulations to enforce existing FAA rules. SEFSD is already in compliance.
-UAS4Stem May 13th.
-Approved lunch for kids at UAS4Stem.
-Thank You Dennis LaBerge for helping maintain the field
-Offer was made to Brian from DME to brand tables with The DJI Store logo.
-Paul discussed Porta-Potty service charge increase
-This month’s event is Spot Landing Challenge
-Randy discussed prop strike on hand of non-member.
-Discussed alternative food preparation practices at monthly field meeting.


Meeting Adjourned 8:45pm

BOD Minutes for Feb 2017

By Quan Nguyen


Present: Paul, Jim, Brad, George, Randy, Dennis, Quan, Brian
Meeting to Order: 2/10/17 7:27pm
-Isabel’s Report: 295 Members
-EMAC clinic on Feb. 19th. Field remains open. Thanks to Steve Belknap and Neu for hosting.
-Discussed board purchasing chairs for the field. Board has concerns over chairs being stolen/damaged. No vote.
-Jim proposes purchasing weed sprayer. Motion to propose purchase of battery operated weed sprayer for up to $200. Approved.
-Brad proposes someone take over hot dog duty. Dennis volunteered.
-February’s event: Don’t Spill the Beans.
-Randy brought up metal fans on EDFs.
-Paul’s Treasurer report: Showed budget year to date.
-Discussed non-member referencing SEFSD at city council meeting.
-Discussed letter of agreement. Randy to print letter of agreement template and submit to board for review prior to sending to Steve Nelson. All voted yes.
Meeting adjourned: 8:56pm

BOD Meeting Minutes for Jan 2017

By Quan Nguyen


January Board Meeting Minutes
Present: Paul, Randy, Brad, George, Dennis, Brian, Quan, Jim Also Present: Isabel (Membership Coordinator)
Commenced: 7:10pm
 -Vote on sign. Sign design was approved with minor changes. Already approved $400 budget from last year.
 -Discussed prizes for holiday party. Will raffle $1,500 of prizes. Thank you John Weaver for your support with the gift certificates.
 -FAI/F5B/D Event Requests. Field closures requested from 12:30 – 5:00pm on Feb. 26th, March 19th, April 30th, June 25th, July 23rd, Sept 17th. Approved.
 -Renewed relationship with FAA to get a Letter of Agreement with Lindbergh. Randy and Brad to assist.
 -Voted to approve purchase of Yeti 400 Solar Generator for $400 to replace broken generator.
 -Voted to approve $210 for trailer maintenance.
 -Voted to have George dispose of inoperable generator and old RadioShack PA horns.
 -234 members as of 1/13/17.
 -Discussed pruning club mailing list.
 -January 31st is end of the grace period for flying without 2017 badge.
 -Discussed budget. Same as Actual Budget 2016.
 -Reiterated 3 day pass rule for guest fliers. Discussed AMA IP instructor program.
 -Mr. Thompson donated hobby equipment to the club, including a new Apprentice. Thanks!
Adjourned: 9:08pm

BOD Meeting Minutes for October 2016

By Scott Fuller


Jim, Brad, Quan, George, Paul, Scott, Isabel, Randy


  • Jim handed some receipts to Paul in regards to the banquet

  • Jim talked to KOZ events about road closures

  • Jim talked about Weed Wackers membership drive video

    • Hire a professional to do a video for us for $500

    • 4 – Yes votes, 2 – No votes, 1 – Abstain

  • Sign at the entrance at the gate. Folks were asked if they want to help make a sign. No one came up with one. Move the 5mph sign.

  • FPV Racing Budget for next year – Scoring Software, Flags, Bags. $500 for next year.

  • Runway – Talked about conditioning options. More wetting of the runway next year. One or two rollings.

  • Paul went over the Budget

    • Paying for Banquet items

    • Keys need to be made

  • 428 New members

  • Talked about Board dinner

  • Next meeting – Friday Nov 4th

BOD Meeting Minutes for Sept 2016

By Scott Fuller


SEFSD Board Meeting – Sept 2016

Jim, Randy, Brad, Paul, Quan, Scott, George, Dennis, Isabel


  • We have 417 members currently

  • Have a issue with a previous member that is no longer a member. He is trying to fly. He has no AMA or club membership.

  • Paul went over the budget

    • List what groups are getting prizes and $$$ amount

    • Talked about banquet

    • Talked about Trophies, and surplus transponders ($30 each)

    • Roller and water, Fence and tables

  • Mid week water truck and roller.

  • Site reserved for the party. January 14th. 6pm to 10pm.

  • Org asked Frank G if there could be a fly over at a Del Mar golf course. Individual would assume financial responsibility, not the club or AMA.


Friday Oct 7th – Next Meeting

BOD Meeting Minutes for July 2016

By Scott Fuller


July 8th board meeting 7:15pm

Jim, Paul, Scott, Dennis, Brad, Randy


  • 395 Members

  • Talked about the budget

  • DME bought us tables for the Rotorplex

  • Won’t be doing IRDA or MGP this year

  • The 100 lap challenge was a success

  • Money for events $30 per head for any of the SIGS at the field – Approved

  • Holiday Party – Quan and Randy – $5500

  • New Track was built for the next race quarter.

  • Start talking about board members for next year

  • Aug 5th – Next board meeting

BOD Meeting Minutes for April 2016

By Scott Fuller


7:15pm to 8:45pm
Jim, Brad, Quan, Scott, George, Dennis, Paul, Tim, Randy


    •    351 Members currently?

    ?    Went over who didn’t renew their AMA for 2016?

    •    IDD?

    ?    Registrations are coming in. Paul and Julie is receiving funds?
    ?    UAS for STEM – David Story and Quan will be Safety?

    ?    Dragons will be judging for the event?
    ?    There will be different waypoints?
    ?    Need objects to put in the field?

    ?    Dennis – Will do food. Scott will bring his portable grill and big tank.?
    ?    Tim – Sanction?
    ?    Extra Outhouse for that weekend?
    ?    PA, Easy ups, stuff, bringing the trailer?
    ?    Vendors are signing up?
    ?    Raffle – Club will donate aprox $500?
    ?    Race Administration?

    ?    Limited it to 20 per Class (3s or 4s)?
    ?    George, Ian McK, and Kyle will help with Race event?

    ?    Track – Need to allocate funds to replace current wilting gates. Will come up with a budget.?

    •    Track Timing System – Going to allocate aprox $1000. Agreed to buy.?
    •    Homeless is blowing up the bathroom. It’s costing us to fix it.?
    •    Tables at Helicopter Pad – Not before May?
    •    FPV Frequency Control – Second iteration is done. Will share the files with the AMA??
    •    For Sale area of the page is working. About 140 people have viewed.?
    •    Foamy Frenzy?
    •    Finances?

    ?    Membership is coming in?
    ?    No REALLY big expenses?
    ?    Taxes will be done this weekend?
    ?    Field Maint?

    •    Next board meeting – May 4th

BOD Meeting Minutes for February 2016

By Scott Fuller


Notes from Feb’s BOD meeting..


Date: Feb 12, 2016
Time: 7:10 PM ~ 8:10 PM

Attendees: Brad, Scott, Dennis, Paul, Quan, Tim


– Talked about Kathy Loper events. Namely them blocking off the street!
– Paul shared the AMA roster
– Paul went over the budget – Adding line item for Drone Track
– 307 Members
– Spot Landing – Someone needed to run it. Jim and Scott are running the Drone Race.
– No picnic tables
– Parks will not pay for Porta-Potti
– We said no to weed control. Since this would involve a work party with shovels tearing up the place.
– 5mph speed limit sign has been placed
– FPV Frequency board – Need a post put in place to hold the sign.
– Track report – Scott will add to the newsletter.
– Lap system – Loan up to $600 for raffle prizes to fund the Lap system

BOD Minutes for October and November ’15

Date: Oct 2, 2015
Time: 7:15 PM ~ 9:00 PM
Agenda: Board Meeting Oct 2015
Attendees: Jim, Paul, Brad, George, Tim, Dennis B, Quan, Scott
– Jim checked into prices of new tables. They’re about $250. Looking at 6 tables. (Voted Passed)
– Monthly FPV Race next year?
– Frank wants the 8th for Vets day
– Quan displayed the revised map (again). Will get prices for ten on this years budget.
– Trailer needs to be cleaned out and shelves put in. $250
– $500 for field maint.
– Talked about winter party.
– We now have 400 members
– Paul reviewed the budget. He will start closing out the budget Nov 15th.
– Awards for the party – Talk about next month.
– Next BoD meeting – Nov 13th
– Club Meeting 21st


Date: Nov 6, 2015
Time: 7:10 PM ~ 9:10 PM
Agenda: Nov Board Meeting
Attendees: Jim, Paul, Scott, Dennis Brad, Quan, Bob


– Isabel: Renewal’s not online until Dec 1st. Badges will be the 2nd of January.
– Members must wear badge next year. We’re making this a rule
– Discussion about asking the city to reset the lock.
– Update Key Sheet.
– Next year add Mini Wing class to Popwing? FPV Fixed Wing?
– What aspects of the hobby are people interested in? Task: See if the AMA can give us that data.
– Badge Pictures – Please make the letters visible.
– Discussion about individuals. Presented with letters from individuals. Brad and Jim talked to the other individual. Action Item Jim: Letter to parties reiterating Bylaws and Club Rules. Board Review. Respond Privately, no response is a yes vote.
– FPV signs at Helipad
– Proposal to limit raceband to the Helipad
– Map $400 per sign. Sign and budget approved.
– FPV Racing: $1000 budget out of GoPro Funds –  Approved
– Facility use fee – Table that for next meeting. Action item: Jim to email out something.
– Map out exclusion zone so we don’t hack and slash plants down when setting up a track.
– Trailer – Inventory everything that’s in there.
– 94th Aero cashed the check.
– Awards – Need more names.
– Paul reviewed budget.
– Paul needs receipts with some sort reasonable letterhead/proof from company.