When the leaves start falling and the shelves are stocked with pumpkin items at Trader Joe’s, that’s when you know that Thanksgiving is right around the corner! Unlike other holidays that are more gift-focused, Thanksgiving is centered on giving thanks for what we have and the special people in our lives. It’s a time to catch up with loved ones, sit around the table and share one of the most delicious meals of the year. Who doesn’t love endless stuffing and slices of pie.
No matter the distance between you and your loved ones this Thanksgiving, remember to share how much you care about them. So, before you get to carving the turkey or passing the gravy, send a card or text message to those that you are grateful for from my list. I am sharing greetings that are perfect for friends, coworkers and even for families that won’t be seeing each other this year due to the pandemic. However you spend Thanksgiving, be sure to show your gratitude with those you are most grateful for having in your life!
Thanksgiving Wishes for Friends –
- Thanksgiving is a time of reflection for all our blessings. Your friendship counts for so much. Have a joyous Thanksgiving.
- Friend, wishing you Thanksgiving moments that are as sweet as pumpkin pie.
- Sending good wishes to you this Thanksgiving: Good food that fills your table, good health as you work hard and good times with family and friends. May you have all the best airplanes in life. Happy Thanksgiving!
- Wishing you hope, joy, peace, good health, favor and love on this Thanksgiving Day! Your friendship is indeed a great blessing to me.
- My friend, Happy Thanksgiving to you! May all your hard work bring color to your life and take you to the highest peak of success.
- November is the time to be thankful, a time to remember and to embrace those who enrich our lives. I’m thankful for a lot of things, but I’m most thankful for you!
- Happy Thanksgiving. To my awesome friend, I send warm wishes your way and hope you and your family have a fantastic Thanksgiving Day!
- Happy Thanksgiving. Thinking of you on this special day and hoping your Thanksgiving is as wonderful as you are.
- Happy Thanksgiving! Out of everything I am so very thankful for this Thanksgiving season, our friendship is at the top of the list.
- I hope your Thanksgiving table is full of your favorite food and surrounded by your favorite people.
- May your Thanksgiving be full of peace, love and joy.
- Don’t bother counting calories today, just your blessings. Wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving!
- May your Thanksgiving Day be full of excitement… except for a couple of hours in there when you want to work on your planes.
- This Friendsgiving, let’s enjoy the laughter of friends, mouth-watering aromas and cheer that we’ll remember for years to come.
- Here’s a wish for a happy, joyous and fun-filled Thanksgiving to all SEFSD Club Members.
Thanksgiving Poem –
Take a turkey, stuff it fat,
Some of this and some of that.
Get some turnips, peel them well.
Cook a big squash in its shell.
Now potatoes, big and white,
Mash till they are soft and light.
Cranberries, so tart and sweet,
With the turkey we must eat.
Pickles-yes-and then, oh my!
For a dessert a pumpkin pie,
Golden brown and spicy sweet.
What a fine Thanksgiving treat!
Happy Thanksgiving to all SEFSD Members!
Banquet for January 12, 2024
We are quickly approaching our Banquet, it’s just right around the corner, right after Christmas which is only a few weeks away, hope you all got your letters to Santa……. Starting December 1st, you can renew your membership for 2024 and once you have done that you can get your banquet tickets. We did in fact lower the cost for the tickets compared to last year’s price. Tickets this year are $40.00 per person. Here is what you’re going to get for $40.00. First of all, we are limiting guests to 3 per member to allow members to get their chance to join the engagement instead of potentially being shut out. If you are thinking of bringing more guests you will have to get approval from Brad and Quan. No exceptions! As a reminder, there are only 100 tickets available, and I encourage you to get them soon and not wait till the end of the month, for they will be all gone. We won’t have any extra tickets, 100 is all we’ll have.
Each ticket will get you into the Air and Space Museum any time during the day and allow you to walk around the museum. Starting at 6:00 pm is when the doors will open for the banquet and the banquet will last till 9:00pm. Brad Bender will have the menu which is being provided by his wife Lisa Bender. This year we have upped the menu and it is going to be a good one! The main course will be prime rib and chicken picatta. I hear Brad has tried both and he had a smile on his face, so get ready for a great meal. As always, we will be having a raffle for our guests and club members. Prizes for the members will be announced in the December Peak Charger Newsletter. Also we will have a surprise for the younger members this year.
As my last note, we all know to appreciate each and everyone who flies down at the field, treat all with respect!
Chairman of the Board of Directors