When the leaves start falling and the shelves are stocked with pumpkin items at Trader Joe’s, that’s when you know that Thanksgiving is right around the corner! Unlike other holidays that are more gift-focused, Thanksgiving is centered on giving thanks for what we have and the special people in our lives. It’s a time to catch up with loved ones, sit around the table and share one of the most delicious meals of the year. Who doesn’t love endless stuffing and slices of pie.
No matter the distance between you and your loved ones this Thanksgiving, remember to share how much you care about them. So, before you get to carving the turkey or passing the gravy, send a card or text message to those that you are grateful for from my list. I am sharing greetings that are perfect for friends, coworkers and even for families that won’t be seeing each other this year due to the pandemic. However you spend Thanksgiving, be sure to show your gratitude with those you are most grateful for having in your life!
Thanksgiving Wishes for Friends –
- Thanksgiving is a time of reflection for all our blessings. Your friendship counts for so much. Have a joyous Thanksgiving.
- Friend, wishing you Thanksgiving moments that are as sweet as pumpkin pie.
- Sending good wishes to you this Thanksgiving: Good food that fills your table, good health as you work hard and good times with family and friends. May you have all the best airplanes in life. Happy Thanksgiving!
- Wishing you hope, joy, peace, good health, favor and love on this Thanksgiving Day! Your friendship is indeed a great blessing to me.
- My friend, Happy Thanksgiving to you! May all your hard work bring color to your life and take you to the highest peak of success.
- November is the time to be thankful, a time to remember and to embrace those who enrich our lives. I’m thankful for a lot of things, but I’m most thankful for you!
- Happy Thanksgiving. To my awesome friend, I send warm wishes your way and hope you and your family have a fantastic Thanksgiving Day!
- Happy Thanksgiving. Thinking of you on this special day and hoping your Thanksgiving is as wonderful as you are.
- Happy Thanksgiving! Out of everything I am so very thankful for this Thanksgiving season, our friendship is at the top of the list.
- I hope your Thanksgiving table is full of your favorite food and surrounded by your favorite people.
- May your Thanksgiving be full of peace, love and joy.
- Don’t bother counting calories today, just your blessings. Wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving!
- May your Thanksgiving Day be full of excitement… except for a couple of hours in there when you want to work on your planes.
- This Friendsgiving, let’s enjoy the laughter of friends, mouth-watering aromas and cheer that we’ll remember for years to come.
- Here’s a wish for a happy, joyous and fun-filled Thanksgiving to all SEFSD Club Members.
Thanksgiving Poem –
Take a turkey, stuff it fat,
Some of this and some of that.
Get some turnips, peel them well.
Cook a big squash in its shell.
Now potatoes, big and white,
Mash till they are soft and light.
Cranberries, so tart and sweet,
With the turkey we must eat.
Pickles-yes-and then, oh my!
For a dessert a pumpkin pie,
Golden brown and spicy sweet.
What a fine Thanksgiving treat!
Happy Thanksgiving to all SEFSD Members!
Bomb Drop Squadron Style –
The last Fun-Fly turned out to be a very interesting event in which the game was changed to Squadron Style of flying. We had three squadrons, “Electronic Attack”, “Fighter Squadron Composite” and “Unmanned Patrol”. Each squadron had 4 pilots. The Electronic Attack had the following pilots, Frite, Dave, Tom and Quan. Fighter Squadron Composite had these following pilots: Roy, Paul, Ty and Jim. Unmanned Patrol had Richard, Eric, George and Brad.
Electronic Attack took off, all four planes in the air. It was fun to watch the first group get in the air. Frite was the first to drop his bomb. He was close to the circles but was on the center line. Dave dropped his at the East of the circles. Tom was unable to get his smaller plane off the ground with the bomb. Quan was very far to the west end of the field; he was way out there! Winner of the Electronic Attack was Frite.
Next squadron was Fighter Squadron Composite. In this squadron, Roy was first and his bomb drop was right on the center line close to the circles; good for best. Paul was next and he dropped his bomb north of the circles in the weeds. Ty was next and he too was north of the circles and in the weeds. Jim’s drop was about a foot away from Roy.
Last squadron was the Unmanned Patrol. Richard was in the air and he was making a number of passes and just could not get the bomb off his plane. Then I heard and I even said “do a kamikaze style” just jokily and then I hear it. Richard flew his plane in the ground and was the closest one to the circles. Next was Eric, he too was north of the circles and in the weeds. George at least hit the runway but was too far from the circles. Then comes Brad. H flies his plane, drops his bomb and it lands in the 50-point ring (second circle)! Actually, he was the only one to hit the circles.
The winner of this first round, from Electronic Attack, was Frite. Fighter Squadron Composite had two winners, Roy and Jim. Unmanned Patrol winners were kamikaze pilot Richard and Brad. Those five pilots took to the skies for the deciding round. Roy came in fifth place ($10.00) and Jim came in fourth place ($20.00). Both pilots were outside the circles. Inside the circles was third place Brad ($30.00), second place Frite ($40.00) and first place Richard. Richard had a second plane to fly and with it he dropped his bomb closest to the center circle and became top pilot of Bomb Drop Squadron Style ($50.00).
Thank You all for participating in Bomb Drop Squadron Style.
Last minute notes. Membership renewal is coming up starting in December. So, make sure you also have renewed your AMA membership prior to renewing your SEFSD membership. Membership for SEFSD remains at $50.00 for the year, so please renew. Mark your calendar for January 15, 2022 for our annual banquet. We are going to have a lot of goodies to be given away on the 15th for both our flyers and our beloved wives who support our hobby!